Are you using the Braille Math Editor in JAWS? If so, you may have noticed that it has been unusable for the last few weeks. To fix it, follow these steps:
- Close JAWS. If you do not have any help completing this process, you can start an alternative screen reader such as NVDA at this point.
- Download the ZIP file. Inside it you will find two HTML files. Save these to your downloads folder. You do not need to open them.
- In file explorer, go to Windows (c:) (under Devices and Drives) > Program Files > Freedom Scientific > JAWS > 2022
- Delete the “MathEditor.index.html” and “MathMLRenderer.html” files. This requires admin permission.
- Go to your Downloads folder and copy the two same-named files and place them back into the JAWS > 2022 folder
- Start JAWS again
N.B. After this, it can take up to an hour for the script errors to disappear. You may need to restart the computer.