This is a recovered post from Blogger.
Posted: 06 Jun 2019 10:54 AM PDT
This Thursday’s useful app is Siri which is the best way to get things done with your voice on the iPhone.
Siri can send texts, compose WhatsApps, tell you the weather, open apps and much more.
You can also customize Siri’s response to a particular phrase with Siri Shortcuts.
Shortcuts provide a great way to quickly perform commonly done tasks such as checking the school lunch mening for this week or play your favourite song.
Some third-party apps also support siri shortcuts one of which being WhatsApp.
to get started with siri shortcuts:
1. Navigate to the Settings menu on your iOS device.
2. Click Siri and Search
3. Click the All Shortcuts button to blowse all available shortcuts.
4. Select the shortcut you would like to add.
5. Click the record button to record the phrase that will trigger the shortcut.
6. Click Done to add your first shortcut to Siri!
To try out your shortcut, ask siri the phrase you recorded.
To trigger Siri, hold down the home button on iPhone 8 or earlier or the power button on iPhone X or later.
Keep a finguer out for next Thursdays Useful app!