If you are going to join Zoom meetings on a computer, it is a good idea to download the Zoom client as it is more accessible than the website and has more features.
N.B. If you are using a computer where you are not the admin, you may need to ask the admin of the computer to download Zoom.
To do this:
- Try to join a meeting you were sent by clicking the meeting link
- On the page that opens, find the link labelled Download under the Don’t have Zoom client installed? heading. If this link doesn’t appear, click Launch meeting and try to find the link again.
- Once you click the link, you will be told that a file is downloading. Wait until it says “Download complete”
- Press Windows+E to open the File explorer, and down-arrow to the Downloads folder.
- Once you find the downloads folder, press enter or space to open it. Down-arrow until you find a filename starting with the word Zoom and click on it.
- Go through the installation screens. If a user account control popup appears, press Alt+Y to accept it.
- You should now be able to join the meeting. You only need to download Zoom client once onto each device.