If you would like to be certain that your workouts will have the correct data when uploading to Strava, it is a good idea to use the Strava for Apple Watch app.
This app is very simple and allows you to record workouts on your Apple Watch and have them automatically uploaded to Strava. You can have them sync back to Apple Health as well.
The first thing you need to do is install the app.
If you already have the Strava iPhone app, you may already have the app on your Watch. If not, open the Watch app and under available apps click the Install button next to Strava.
You have to install the Strava iPhone app and log in before this will work.
If you would like quick access to the app you can also add the Strava complication to your Watch face, although it is not always very reliable at opening the app when clicked.
Recording a workout
Starting a workout
- Open the Strava app on your Apple Watch
- Under the start heading, click the type of workout you would like to record
- The workout will start immediately.
Ending a workout
- Navigate to page 1 of the stats screen where the controls are
- Find the top one named RecordingMenuFinishNormal and click it
- Scroll down through the summary and click save
You may also find it useful to have audio stats. To set these up.
- Navigate to page 1 of the Strava app where you will see settings
- Click on the Audio Cues option
- Set the volume to the level you would like
- Turn on the Run splits option to get audio stats for every kilometre while running.